The Natural Beauty & Spa Theatre at Natural & Organic Products Europe trade show will feature dynamic new content from some of the leading brand ambassadors and pioneers of the natural and organic beauty sector; including Daniel Galvin Jnr, Weleda, Tabitha James Kraan, Pravera, and Faith in Nature, and Kinetic Natural Products Distributor.
Returning to London ExCeL on 2-3 April, new speakers for 2017 include founder of professional organic hair care range Tabitha James Kraan, discussing retail opportunities for natural and organic hair care; Henrietta Norton, co-founder of Wild Nutrition, outlining the importance of nutrients and supplements to defend against premature ageing; and Daniel Galvin Jnr, a member of the country’s most influential hairdressing dynasty. He’ll be sharing his experience of lobbying on behalf of the industry and the wider organic community.
“I am looking forward to speaking and exhibiting for the first time at the Natural & Organic Products Europe this year, as this will give us a fantastic opportunity to connect with buyers who have a genuine interest in organic and vegan beauty products. This is a great show for buyers to connect with brands that are at the forefront of this growing industry,” says Daniel Galvin Jnr.
Lauren Bartley, from Soil Association Certification, will be hosting two sessions at the show. On opening day (Sunday, 2 April), she’ll give an overview of plans for this year’s Organic Beauty & Wellbeing Week, and on the Monday (3 April) she will outline the main findings of the Soil Association’s first ever Organic Beauty & Wellbeing Report. Published last month, the report reveals that sales of certified organic and natural beauty products increased by 13% in 2016 to £61.2 million. That growth is certainly reflected at the show, which is on track to feature a record number of certified organic products.
Other sessions in the Natural Beauty Theatre will cover the emerging intimate care market; a guide to the different types of collagen supplements; ‘hot’ trends for 2017; the East Asian therapeutic technique Gua Sha; the increasing alignment between health and beauty products; and offer a sneak peak into the world of Waitrose buyer Jo Lynch.
There will also be two panel sessions: one on the forthcoming ‘ISO Standard for natural & organic cosmetics’ (hosted by Ecovia Intelligence) and the other on the growing importance of ‘Sustainability in the beauty industry’.
“Natural & Organic Products Europe is a great place to share news and exchange ideas about sustainability,” says Jayn Sterland, MD of Weleda UK. She’ll be appearing on the ‘sustainability’ panel, alongside Jo Chidley (Beauty Kitchen), Dr Mark Smith (NATRUE), Joanne Hill (Amaranth) beauty journalist Jo Fairley (co-founder of Green & Black’s); and Helen Yeardsley (Pegasus PR).
Natural Beauty & Spa Theatre line-up
Sunday 2 April
- Katie Brindle, Chinese medicine physician and Hayo’u founder: The one-minute eastern facelift
- Tabitha James Kraan, founder of Tabitha James Kraan haircare: The last dirty secret?
- Henrietta Norton, co-founder, Wild Nutrition: Ageing – beyond genetics. How diet and lifestyle empower you to choose how well you age
- Egzona Makolli, Kinetic Natural Products Distributor: Mitochondria – the ‘powerhouse’ of cells and its role in the ageing process
- Lauren Bartley, business development manager at Soil Association Certification: Why Organic Beauty Week is worth it
- Graeme Hume, MD of Pravera; & Oliver Gothe, founder of Fair Squared: Intimate care – a new opportunity for health stores
- Holly Ford, senior account director (beauty) at Pegasus PR; & Lotte Turner, account director (beauty) at Pegasus PR: The future of healthy beauty
- Nick Wallen, founder of JooMo: Developing third wave natural skincare products
- Helen Keely, head of marketing at Faith in Nature: The potential for vegan beauty products
- Janey Lee Grace: Trend hunter – the latest skincare and beauty trend from the show floor
- Isabelle Nunn, Kinetic Natural Products Distributor: Collagen and skin health explained
Monday 3 April:
- Lauren Bartley, business development manager health and beauty at Soil Association Certification: Soil Association Organic Beauty and Wellbeing Report 2017
- Daniel Galvin Jnr (keynote): Organic beauty in the making – journey of a pioneer
- Joanna Lynch, medicines, wellbeing and suncare buyer at Waitrose: What buyers want – a sneak peek into the world of a buyer
- Sustainability in the beauty industry (panel session): featuring Jayn Sterland, MD of Weleda; Jo Chidley, founder of Beauty Kitchen; Dr Mark Smith, director general of NATRUE; Joanne Hill, owner of Amaranth; journalist Jo Fairley; and moderated by Helen Yeardsley, director of Pegasus PR
- ISO standard for natural and organic cosmetics – an update and outlook (panel session): featuring Lauren Bartley, business development manager (health & beauty) at Soil Association Certification; & Dr Mark Smith, director general of NATRUE; and moderated by Amarjit Sahota, founder and CEO of Ecovia Intelligence (formerly known as Organic Monitor)
- Rebecca Goodyear, health and beauty PR and writer: How to market your natural and organic business with more bang for your buck
- Natural Health Magazine presents – Natural Health International Beauty Awards 2017: Presentation and networking party
The Natural Beauty & Spa Theatre programme (sponsored by Kinetic Natural Products Distributor and supported by Ecovia Intelligence) is available to view at http://www.naturalproducts.co.uk/theatre/natural-beauty-theatre.
Over 250 natural beauty brands
With hundreds of innovations on show in the Natural Beauty & Spa section – from new formulations to pioneering ‘hero’ products – there’s plenty for retailers looking to stay on-trend in an ever-evolving market.
“Over the past 21 years, Natural & Organic Products Europe has become recognised as the key platform for introducing new natural and organic beauty products onto the European market,” says event director Carol Dunning.
“Some of the world’s biggest natural and organic beauty brands are exhibiting – you won’t find them together at any other show in Europe this year. Between them and the fantastic array of emerging new brands that we have for 2017 – we’re confident in saying that every new product innovation that our visitors need to know about will be right here at London ExCeL in April,” she says.
Among the confirmed exhibitors are Dead Sea Spa Magik, Weleda UK, Dr Bronner’s Magic Soaps, Eterno Naturals, Urtekram, Ultra Glow Cosmetics, Natracare, Faith in Nature, Natura Siberica, Pravera, Weleda UK, Inika Organics, Soley Organics, Terre Verdi, Daniel Galvin Jnr, Organically Epic, Eve Taylor London, AllergyCertified, Nourish Skincare, Sukin, Solely Organics, Storksak Organics, FIT Skincare, CurlyEllie, SKN-RG, Humble Natural Beauty, Good Day Organics, Benessence, and Trilogy Natural Products.
Show features include a dedicated beauty New Product Showcase, nine international pavilions, plus pavilions dedicated to Soil Association Organic Beauty (40% bigger for 2017), Thai Beauty and NATRUE.
The full exhibitor list is available online at www.naturalproducts.co.uk/exhibitor-list.
Register free in advance
Natural Beauty & Spa at Natural & Organic Products Europe is opens for business at ExCeL London on 2-3 April (Sunday and Monday). Over 10,000 attendees are expected to pack the aisles.
Representatives from Amazon, Boots, Aldi, Lidl, Marks & Spencer, Waitrose, Ocado, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Superdrug, Lloyds Pharmacy, John Lewis, Holland & Barrett, Whole Foods Market, Planet Organic, The Health Store, Suma, Revital, Harrods, TK Maxx, John Bell & Croyden, SpaceNK Apothecary, Victoria Health, LoveLula, Fenwick, Hilton, Naturisimo, Feelunique, Debenhams, BigGreenSmile, Costco Wholesale, and The Hut Group are among the buyers pre-registered to visit.
“With so many facets to the ‘naturals’ category, I am looking forward to attending Natural & Organic Products Europe 2017 to understand a little more about the trends we are seeing and where it’s likely to be headed in the next few years. As well as sampling some of the amazing products and brands,” says Natalie Prince, skincare consumer portfolio manager at Boots.
For more information and to register for a free trade pass, please visit www.naturalproducts.co.uk (direct link: https://registration.n200.com/survey/2y7wdujwsr0sr?actioncode=NPR22).
Media enquiries & press pass requests:
Please apply for press accreditation via this link: https://registration.n200.com/survey/04dm5adb2761w
Emma-Louise Jones, Head of PR
t: +44 (0)1273 645134
e: [email protected]
Carol Dunning, Event Director
t: +44 (0)1273 645125
e: [email protected]
High resolution images are available upon request:
Diversified Communications UK Ltd (Diversified UK) is a fast growing trade event organiser and publisher based in Brighton, Peterborough, and Nailsworth. Diversified UK’s portfolio includes Natural & Organic Products Europe; Natural Products Scandinavia & Nordic Organic Food Fair in Malmö, Sweden; Natural Products News; Natural Beauty News; Natural & Organic Awards; Casual Dining; lunch!; Commercial Kitchen; SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show; Accountex; British Tourism & Travel Show; Geo Business; Ocean Business; MARELEC Marine Electromagnetics conference; Euro Bus Expo; Coach & Bus UK; Route One; Coach Monthly; The Route One Operator Excellence Awards; and British Coach Tourism Awards. For more information, visit: www.divcom.co.uk.
Diversified UK is part of Diversified Communications, a leading international media company providing market access, education and information through global, national and regional face–to–face events, digital and print publications and television stations. Diversified serves a number of industries including: seafood, food service, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine, and business management. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, Diversified employs over 850 staff, across eight divisions in seven countries. For more information, visit: www.divcom.com.